Quilting & Textile Tour of New Zealand
Click here for full tour itinerary and other information.
I’d love to have you join us!!
Here are some other recent tours Gail had led:
Hawks Aloft and Pacific Pathways Presents:
BIRDING NEW ZEALAND TOUR
November 10 – 30, 2011
This Birder’s Dream Tour itinerary features 21 days of the best birding sites in New Zealand. Sign up now for this Birder’s Dream Trip!
The Birding New Zealand Tour of 2011 features:
- Hand-picked birding sites to maximize sightings of rare endemic species
- Witness spring nesting season
- Visit varied habitats: forests, wetlands, sea coast, ocean, and mountains
- Endemic birds to see: Fairy Tern, Wrybill, New Zealand Falcon, Westland Black Petrel, Hutton’s Shearwater, 2 species of Kiwi, Takahe, Kokako, Yellow-eyed Penguin, Royal Albatross White Heron, and more
- Visit three different predator-free offshore islands
- Visit Franz Josef Glacier
- Night excursion to search for Brown Kiwi
- Pelagic Birds cruise at Kaikora—one of the world’s best sites to watch seabirds
- Overnight Tour of Milford Sound to look for Fjordland Crested Pengiuns
- Experience Maori culture with visits to
- Kapiti Island and Wellington
Escorted by Gail Garber, Executive Director of Hawks Aloft, and birder, author, art quilter, lecturer and teacher.This will be Garber’s fifth trip to New Zealand and her second bird and Maori culture tour geared for Hawks Aloft members.
Or, for additional information or questions, please e-mail Gail.
The Allure of Paper Piecing Quilt Cruise
Join Gail Garber, Eileen Sullivan and Carol Doak aboard Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas for the paper-piecing experience of a lifetime. Visit Stitchin’ Heaven Travel for all the details.